logo

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

jim hays

logo

Post by jim hays »

OK guys here we go. I just took my tompson logos in to have them polished. I have decided to leave them un chromed (had them remade out of brass) what I need to know is what you fellas would use to put on them for a coating to keep them shiney. Saw the cleats and logon on a boston whaler all done in brass and liked the idea since they want a fortune to re chrome I have decided to do this I think it will look good against the lemonade color I painted the boat. Thanks JIm Hays
a j r

Post by a j r »

I can't help you with your brass coating quesiton.

I had ALL the hardware on a 17 ft. Thompson of Peshtigo boat rechromed for $500.00 last year. Included cleats, chocks, lifting ring, lifting ring flange, rear seat hinges, hullside logos, stern light, bow light, transom eyes, bow eye, step pad frames. I am probably forgetting something. I didn't think it was all that expensive. And a great deal of this was pot metal, which is the most costly stuff to get chromed.

Andreas
jim hays

Brass protector

Post by jim hays »

Thanks AJR, you did get a good price on all of it. the quote here is 150 to polish both logos and another 150 to chrome total 300 I was lucky enough that when I first started this project I was able to find the other Items in excelent shape from Ebay. Anyway I got word from the people doing the polishing that to go to good old home depot and buy a product named Brass protector made by a company named Parks (Spray can) their previous customers have used it with good results over the years. I will check it out again thanks Jim
a j r

Post by a j r »

That's a CRAZY high price to polish and chrome two pieces.

Andreas
jim hays

red paint on logo

Post by jim hays »

I remember there being red paint on the wings of the bird on the logo and also on the inside parts of the wording. with the great amount of different colors of red does anyone have a idea on which one or just what I would prefer Im also considering a bottle of competition orange. Guys Im talking about useing testors model paint that my grandson uses around here when he does one of his models. Again thanks in advance. Jim Hays
a j r

Post by a j r »

Rustoleum red