transom replacement

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

frizzell

transom replacement

Post by frizzell »

Hello,
I have acquired a 1960 Seacoaster that has no transom. I am wondering if someone out there could take a couple of close up pictures of their transom inside and out and possibly some measurements so I have some idea of what it should look like.
Thank You
a j r

Post by a j r »

Is she a Peshtigo or Cortland built boat? This may make a difference.

Andreas
frizzell

transom replacement

Post by frizzell »

I have no idea if it is a Peshtigo or Cortland. The transom was missing when I got it, so there was no plate. No plate on the dashboard either. I took a flashlight and crawled up under the deck looking for numbers to no avail. Is there any other way to tell? I sent pictures to the president of this club and he said it was probably a Seacoaster, probably '59 to '61.
a j r

Post by a j r »

The front seats and windshield frame are different on the Cortland built boats, compared to Peshtigo. This was even before the split in 1959.

Can you post some pictures? Or send 'em to me directly?

Andreas
thompsonboat@msn.com
a j r

Post by a j r »

She's a Cortland built boat, circa 1960 model year. Made by Thompson Boat Company of New York, Inc.
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

Fiz - I have a 62 cortland built Sea Lancer. Not sure the transome arrangements would be the same, but I can take pictures for you. I'd like to see any pics of your boat, especially the interior and front seats, and if the floors are out that would be a bonus to see the frame set up. You can send to my e-mail on my profile.

On my Sea Lancer, the transome rakes forward at the top, a nice touch over those run-of-the-mill WI boats (sorry Andreas ;-) Go here for pictures, and let me know if you would like any shots of the transom set up.

http://home.comcast.net/~gammasjunk/wsb ... html-.html
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware