Windshield gasket

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Windshield gasket

Post by thegammas »

I noted in the last dockside a supplier of gasket material that looks like it was intended to go between the deck and the bottom of the windshield frames. Mine has none of course, thanks to the "lipstick restoration" my boat got. Has anyone used this and does it work well? Current plans, that may never come to fruition given life's other demands, is to remove the windshield for a flip. When reinstalling, I was considering placing rubber washers, say an 1/8 inch think, under the windshield frames at each attachment point to raise it up to allow water and moisture to escape. I get a creepy feeling the gasket material would trap moisture. I have a vinyl deck. Keep in mind she's a user boat, so looking for practicality. Thoughts?
[/code]
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware
john

Post by john »

Dan

I sent you a private message about your top a while back, I have one. john@andersonprops.com or best to call 832 473 8928

John Platou
txcaptdan

Post by txcaptdan »

Peter, None of my Cruisers Inc,s have ever had that gasket. And I have never found any rot on any boat in this area, I think you worry to much. My 20' bottom frames had a small groove cut in bottom where they attached like a place for sealant, but I did not use any.

John, Thanks I did not catch pm, but will call you soon.
Dan Stober
1965 20' Cruisers Inc. 570 Seacamper
1962 20' Cruisers Inc. 502
1963 16' Cruisers Inc. 202 Seafarer
Weatherford, Texas
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

My lovely wife says the same thing (I worry too much). Thanks, I'll be skipping the frame gasket.
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware