Wooden Grady White Hull Numbers

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Looks just like the Hatteras Overnighter 174-O in the 1961 and 1962 brochures. Sadly, Grady-White ceased putting dates on their brochures after that. So it's difficult to say what brochures correspond with particular years. The Overnighter was redesigned and has different flying bridge windshield frame and details of the cabin top than the 1961 and 1962 boats.

So, maybe you have a boat from 1961 or 1962.

The wooden boat brochure images on the company website are from circa 1965.

Andreas
HalcyonDays

Post by HalcyonDays »

The photos do look like the ones on the grady white web site. I does appear that the windshield has been cut down. There is a cruiser inc windshield for sale on the Syracuse NY craigslist that may fit.

Andreas is there anyway you could send me a copy of the old Grady White brochures?
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Contact me privately

Andreas
thompsonboat@msn.com
612-823-3990
live2boat

Grady White Hull Number

Post by live2boat »

I'm ready to start a restoration on a 22' Grady White Chesapeake Cuddy Cabin. She originally had the inboard/outboard which is currently out of the boat. The hull is in excellent condition and the main challenge I am facing is how to re-power it. I have a complete 305 cu. in. mercruiser with an Alpha 1 outdrive and all the controls. Unfortunately that engine needs a rebuild.

Any advice anyone has on how to retrofit the transom hole would be appreciated.

I do not know the year but it is just like the one pictured in the Grady White brochure.

The hull number I wrote down is F5 757. I didn't see a letter on the end but I will look again.

According to a 1964 price list I received from Grady White there were 2 chesapeake models (#222). The Runabout is listed at $2,350 while the cuddy was listed at $3,695

Mark
Portersville, PA
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Some of the wooden era Grady White boats brochures are posted on line in the Glassic Library at www.fiberglassics.com

Andreas
Grady White Jim

Post by Grady White Jim »

Hello All,

I've got another Hull ID to add to the Grady List:

D6144Z (The Z could be a 7)

I believe it is a 61 or 62 Pacific 19.5 BUT it is an I/O not an outboard.

Anyone who might be able to shed some light on it?

Thanks- Jim
So that 6000 year old wooden canoe they pulled out of a Connecticut bog still floats... Wonder where the plastic boats of today will be in 6000 years...