1959 Cruisers Inc Seafarer 200

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

TheCaptain

1959 Cruisers Inc Seafarer 200

Post by TheCaptain »

Hello all. I'm in the very early stages of attempting a restoration on a '59 Seafarer 200. The hull was delivered to me with all of the hardware, components, etc disassembled. So my first step is piecing this all back together ala jig saw puzzle so I can organize parts, take inventory , etc.

Does anybody have a photo of the 200's layout (or maybe a similar year)? Everything I'm seeing in the brochure and elsewhere on line appear to be the 202 layout.

So far I'm figuring my way through it, matching screw holes and such, but would like as much reference material as possible.

I know for sure I'm missing some things as well. At this point the most blatant being the windshield frame work, steering wheel & all seat cushions (not sure if the 200 had any).

If anybody has a line on an appropriate steering wheel, windshield frame dims or any good info on these items please let me know.

Otherwise, I'm getting pretty excited about this one piecing it back together.

Thanks & talk soon,

Eric
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Hey and welcome.

The only difference between the Cruisers, Inc. 200 and 202 was the back rests for the front seat. The 202 had storage units in the backrests whereas the 200 just had planks - no storage.

Seat cushions were not standard from the factory on either model. They could be ordered as an accesory.

Hopefully someone who has one of these will chime in.

Good luck.

Andreas