Seat plans

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Portside

Seat plans

Post by Portside »

Does any one know of plans available to construct back to back/bunk seats for a sea coaster? I would like to convert from the standard front seat for the 1964 model 1773.
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

In 1964 they would have been fully upholstered seats for the back-to-back fold down type. Not sure if they would have had a wooden box base or if it was aluminum legs.

You can purchase back-to-back seats at places like West Marine and defender.com and Cabela's, etc... Of course they would not be exactly the same as what was in an original Thompson.

Andreas
THE LAKE

Post by THE LAKE »

Portside
For what it's worth, I have had back/back/bunk seats in several boats. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've opened these seats up to a bunk. Don't waste your money on aftermarket seats you'll probably never use, redo what you've got. As I've mentioned elsewhere in Maine, the Maine Correctional Center runs and upholstery shop as part of their training program aimed at hopefully keeping people from returning to a life of crime. I don't think Maine is the only state in the USA with such VocEd programs. Check up on it in your area. In my case, I paid the wholesale cost of materials, including shop stock and $1/hr labor. That's right one dollar per hour labor which is what the inmates get paid for their work. It took 100 hrs to redo the entire interior of my Mach I MV1900CC plus two tops and I paid $100 plus materials.

Brian
I'd have a boat and a Harley even if there were no water or roads in the world.
89 MACH I MV1900CC
62 Cruiser's Inc 302V Commander (under restoration) 67 Johnson 100hp Golden Meteor (running like new)
Portside

Post by Portside »

Andreas and Brian. Thanks for the input. Basically, I am trying to turn a model 1773 into a 1775 special or a Thomboy in the seating configuration... don't know quite yet. Do NOT want some pleat & rolled whatever seats. Do want something that looks stock 1964 but not "hung-up" over it. Capable of making my own if I could find drawings or dimensions. If I could find a boat with the seats in the Green Bay area I could take my own notes and drawings. Brian, I'll keep the tip in mind on finding labor.
Portside
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

No plans or drawings exist. You'd have to find someone with a similar boat to take measurements and photos.

Andreas
THE LAKE

Post by THE LAKE »

LancerBoy wrote:No plans or drawings exist. You'd have to find someone with a similar boat to take measurements and photos.

Andreas
That being said, I wouldl sure like to see some pictures of a Cruiser's Inc 302V Commander with the optional factory installed rear seat. None that I can see on the CD by the way
Yes, I am capable of designing, drafting and building a rear seat to fit the boat, but if possible I'd like to see what the folks in Peshtigo did when somebody ordered a rear seat.

Brian
I'd have a boat and a Harley even if there were no water or roads in the world.
89 MACH I MV1900CC
62 Cruiser's Inc 302V Commander (under restoration) 67 Johnson 100hp Golden Meteor (running like new)