Can't find a posted picture

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Thomas Mackin

Can't find a posted picture

Post by Thomas Mackin »

My transom is in the process of being redone and I saw a picture on here of a member who added a back deck which looked really good and at the same time would add transom strength and support for the back seat and also could be engineered to replace the wood battery box for center support. It is also getting new deck and cover boards and I might possibly consider this addition. Can yoou help me find that post or any suggestions would be appreciated.
Big Mac
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Not sure of the previous post.

Make sure you SAVE the hull ID and reuse it somehow in the new transom, if you are replacing wood.

Andreas
Phill Blank

Post by Phill Blank »

Big Mac,

I recall seeing pictures of a lapstrake boat on the site where the area across the transom had a deck with a opening for the motor in it. But, if I recall correctly, they were restoring the boat and it was that way when they received the boat. They where trying to determine the model I think.
I do not recall which post it was either, sorry.

Good Luck,

Phill
Brad Rohloff

Post by Brad Rohloff »

That was my boat a 1960 thompson thomboy which was designed that way by Thompson. The post was under motor size last spring sometime.
I can find the exact post if you need it.
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Below is a picture of a 1961 Thompson of Peshtigo Thomboy. This is an advertising photo from that time period.

Andreas
Phill Blank

Post by Phill Blank »

Here is the psoting of what you are looking for with photos of Brad's boat in a couple diferent psots.

http://www.thompsondockside.com/views/v ... php?t=3444

Good Luck,

Phill