1955 Off Shore

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Torchie

1955 Off Shore

Post by Torchie »

I am currently working on a 1955 Off Shore with twim 1957 35 HP. Johnsons.
Does anyone have any real life pictures of this model of Thompson. The front seat of mine was modified at some point and I would like to get back to it's original design. Or at least as close as possible..
The main area of concern is the back side of the front seat backs. This boat also has what is believed to be a factory installed toilet under the front bench!
Any and all help would be great.
Thanks,
Karl.
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Here's a poor copy of a 1955 picture. That's a 1955 Thompson of Peshtigo 18 ft. Off-Shore with a V-Drive Universal inboard engine. This was an experiemnt between Thompson and Universal of Oshkosh, WI. Wouldn't that one be a great find today!

Andreas

LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Here are two ads; one from Thompson and one from Evinrude. These are from the January 1955 issue of "The Boating Industry" magazine.

They show the exact same boat, an 18 ft. Off-Shore. Note the wrap-around windshield lieu fo the wooden framed one!

Andreas

Torchie

Off Shore Pictures

Post by Torchie »

Andreas,
You are my hero for the day.
The pic of the boat with the inboard has the exact seat that mine has. Who ever did mine added drawers and a cheesy door. Thanks for saving me a huge amount of work.
Karl