chrome and step pads

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Thomas Mackin

chrome and step pads

Post by Thomas Mackin »

My boat is coming along well so started on the chrome. With a buffing wheel,dremel tool, and polishing paste along with flitz almost all came back like new except the bow light. My 58 Sea Lancer has a bow light from Alexandria Boat Works I believe. Rather than rechroming, I have been looking for a replacement along with the step pads. Next week I am going to see a guy that has a box of them and he thinks he might have one like mine? Do you have any sources and especially for the step pads? The step frames are like new. Also did Thompson have a pennant for the bow light? Thanks, Tom
Big Mac
Torchie

Post by Torchie »

To the best of my knowledge no one reproduces the white rubber inserts for the step pads. Black ones are not a problem, but no white ones.
Best chance is someone with a lot of NOS boat stuff or e-bay type sites.
Andreas was in the process of finding someone to make the correct pennant for the bow pole. Perhaps he will respond as well.
Karl.
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

You will have to punt for white step pad material. If you cannot find new old stock or some old ones that work, be creative. I have heard that mud flaps for trucks can be cut to fit. Someone one time suggest VW automobile floor mats.

No word on the correct reproduciton pennants. Someone is sellng some on eBay but they are not the "proper" type with correct logo.

Alexandria Boat Works bow light? ABW by 1958 was no longer making boats but was a distributor and dealer and marine accessory store at Alexandria, MN. I don't think they ever made bow lights. Jervis is probably the brand of bow light used on a '58 Peshtigo Sea Lancer.

Vintage bow lights come up on eBay auctions all the time.

Andreas
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Here is a JERVIS bow light and flag staff. New in the box. This is the same light I have seen on most Sea Lancer (Peshtigo built) boats.

And no, it is not for sale!

Andreas

Another JERVIS bow light of the same style:

The below picture is a KAINER 927 bow light used on some Thompson of Peshtigo models. I see them often on boats built by Cruisers, Inc.