58 Sea Lancer questions

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Thomas Mackin

58 Sea Lancer questions

Post by Thomas Mackin »

My boat is coming along very well and in the process of final finishing exterior. When I removed the windshield it had no white gasket uder it. Did the 58 have this when new and was the Thompson logo on the side the blue or just white? I have an ad for the 57 when it was introduced and there was no blue under it. Also where do you recommend getting the sandstone Naugatex and adhesive for the new floor boards? Thanks. hope to post pictures soon!
Big Mac
THE LAKE

Post by THE LAKE »

I need to know where to find the Naugatex as well. As to the gasket, there's an ad for it on the site here in the selling section. I would think any model/year would have to have the glass seated in something or the windows would break when the boat bounced around. Using glazer's putty would not work since once it dried up it would crack. Am looking forward to seeing pictures of your work.

Brian
I'd have a boat and a Harley even if there were no water or roads in the world.
89 MACH I MV1900CC
62 Cruiser's Inc 302V Commander (under restoration) 67 Johnson 100hp Golden Meteor (running like new)
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Yes, the '58 Peshtigo Sea Lancer should have the vinyl molding under the windshield frame (between it and the deck). Not sure if Rich Gausellin is still selling it. Wefco Rubber is another source.

Do not use glazing compound for seating window glass. That stuff has no place on a boat.

1959 was the first model year with the blue parallelogram behind the metal hullside logos. Therefore your '58 boat should not have it. Lemonade yellow was the standard hull colour for the Sea Lancer in 1958. White was an option.

I assume you mean Nautolex for the floor covering. Many marine dealers carry it. I have purchased mail order thru Defender. Get more adhesive than they recommend. You go thru a lot of it.

Andreas