1958 catalog help

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Thomas Mackin

1958 catalog help

Post by Thomas Mackin »

I am still deciding on windshield bottom moulding or not. My 58 Sea Lancer I feel never had the moulding and the windows are held in with aluminum strips which are nailed in. Andreas feels that it did have the moulding. The 58 on the picture page does not have it and a Thompson magazine ad I have does not have it. Does anybody know for sure on this? Big snow up here in N. Wi! Thanks, Mac
Big Mac
Bill Dunn

Post by Bill Dunn »

I have a 1959 Sea Lancer. I don't have a gasket between the windshield frame and the deck. The side windows have the gasket the goes in the rabbet in the frame and holds the glass in place. The front glass is in aluminum frames and they can be opened.
The family friend that I bought the boat from bought it in about 1970 and I don't ever remember a gasket between the windshield and the deck.
Here in LaCrosse yesterday we just got a cross section of any kind of winter weather you can imagine. We only ended up with a couple inches of snow, and most of that is gone today because the sun is shining.

COME ON SPRING !!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill
All Dunn ll
'59 Sea Lancer
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

The window glass on a 1958 Sea Lancer made at Peshtigo, WI is held in place with aluminum square tubing that is nailed to the wood. The vinyl retainer was first used on Peshtigo boats in the 1959 models.

I have owned or worked on Peshtigo built Sea Lancers from the years 1957; 1958; 1959; 1961; and 1962. Every one had the vinyl molding between the windshield frame and deck. Even the 1964 and 1965 model Sea Lancers that I have owned had a vinyl molding between the aluminum windshield frame and the wood deck.

Andreas
Bill E

Post by Bill E »

My '57 Sea Lancer did not have the seal under the windshield, and looks like it never did. It did have a nice (?) built-up cove of varnish that had to be broken to get the frame off!

BTW, the glass was held in with 1/4" square solid aluminum stock, I believe, not tubing.
Bill Eason
Atlanta, GA