good news on step pads

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Thomas Mackin

good news on step pads

Post by Thomas Mackin »

I just got off the phone with Wefco Rubber co. and they are willing to make step pads for us if I send my old one as a sample. Mine are off of my 58 Sea Lancer but are other years the same size for I might order extras and bring them along to the meet this summer? They can also provide me with windshield bottom moulding but I need to know the size?Seems like alot of members are making them out of all sorts of stuff, car mats etc.
Big Mac
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

You will have to match the rubber for the step pad with the metal frame. There are all sorts of manufacturers, styles and sizes of metal frames and step pads.

Most step pads were not factory installed. They were installed at the dealership.

Thompson Boat used white rubber for step pads, not black like one sees on a Century or Chris-Craft.

Andreas
Thomas Mackin

Thompson pads

Post by Thomas Mackin »

From my research my pads came from the Thompson factory but like Andreas says, they were used by many boat companies and dealers. The problem is that you can not get them anymore(especially in white) in that size and style. Even my neighbor's Correct Craft has the same ones. I still plan to get a few extras if Pete can make them for me and will bring them to the summer show. Still need the dimensions of the bottom windshield moulding for he can make that too but needs to know the exact size. Thanks, Big Mac
Big Mac