Hull Drainage Recommendations

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

59Thompson

Hull Drainage Recommendations

Post by 59Thompson »

Happy New Year all, warm here in NW Ohio. Will be getting my 59 Peshtigo SeaCoaster 473 wet this year. The hull is solid and in good shape but did she not come with a floor, drain or bilge pump. The keel is solid original from stem to transom i.e. the port and starboard halves of the boat are physically separated by solid wood. I dont wish to cross drill the keel and make more areas for water to collect. The previous owner used a big sponge to mop out any water that came in. While at the show in Marinette, I saw some boats with "syphon" drains in their garboards with extended handles for the plugs. Are these still available, if so where and what are you using on yours? I figure for the bilge pump I will buy an Attwood Sahara with auto self contained float switch and throw a hand pump in the safety bag. I'd appreciate your thoughts and any pictures. Regards, John B. Fowler
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Check online at places like West Marine and Jamestown Distributors for drains.

My 1955 Thomboy does not have nay type of drain. I have an electric bilge pump and keep a sponge in the boat. I wipe up any water after each use. My other boats have either transom drain or Venturi type garboard drain.

Andreas