Thompson boat flooring

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

JoeCB

Post by JoeCB »

Thanks for the pix Andreas. My Sea Lancer is up at Mom's cottage so I can't get a photo of the floor. The texture is stil clean under the front seats where little repainting has occured. On the first photo thta you posted, I sure believe that I can see that waffle pattern under the light green paint... maybe just my old eyes, but look real close.
The "window screen" pattern that I had refered to in the previous post is what shows up on the second photo. That pattern was common on all the tempered hardboard from bygone days, again not sure of the manufacturer but I'll bet it was Masonite brand. I searched around the shop for an old piece and could find only one one... it was the dust cover installed under my table saw. I shot an upside down photo, the strip of tape has 1/8 " graduations marked for scale. Image
W Guy

Post by W Guy »

Andreas, Thanks a lot for the photos. Even with only one good eye, I can see a texture in the light green in the first photo. It's there!
God, I wish my boat was closer so I could take photos too. She's all original.

Verne :)
Torchie

Post by Torchie »

Just a addition to this thread.
Went to my nearest Home Depot to get the floor paint that Andreas suggested for my Thompson Off Shore and guess what ? No longer in the system.
So I picked a color that looked like a good match to pics that Andreas posted.

I will take some pics later and post and if it is agreed that the color is a close match I will post the numbers and brand.
Karl.