In search Of

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

In search Of

Post by thegammas »

Greetings all - hope the holidays have been fun so far!

I am again in search of pictures of the original front seat configuration for my Thompson, a 1962 Cortland built Custom Sea Lancer. When I got her (geez, 7 years ago already this past November) she had what I believe is the original front passenger seat and some horrid, I hope non-original, padded driver's seat. I like the configuration of the passenger seat because it flips back and forth so that it can face forward or aft. The platform it sits on has storage underneath that you access by flipping it to aft facing, unlatch a..., um, ..latch.... and then tilt the entire thing.

A few years ago I built a prototype matching passenger seat. Rather than flipping back and forth, it rotated on a pedestal. The idea was to first see if I could build it, and second get a feel for how crowded the front seating would be. Note in the pics below that the passenger seat is actually half again as wide as what a typical seat might be (at least today). With that wider seat and then the 'standard' width drivers seat, it was really hard to move around up front. So my thought is to actually build two new flip seats of the same, narrower width.

But before I go there, I was hoping someone would have a pic of an original configuration. I asked/search a few years ago, but with no luck. The Thompson brochure disk mentions the flip seats but there are no pictures of them.

My boat when I brought it home (note the horrid driver seat)

Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware
LancerBoy

Re: In search Of

Post by LancerBoy »

There is a picture of the seat in one of the brochures. I will scan it and post here. Give me a day or so.

Andreas
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

that would be awesome! Thank you!
Peter Stransky
Wilmington, Delaware
thegammas

Post by thegammas »

Andreas,
I looked through my CD of brochures, and I found a page (under Thompson Of NY, under "Year Index") that mentions the "NEW Flip seat (Below)", but there is nothing under it. Hoping you have an actual brochure or that your CD/Pic etc shows the seat (especially the driver's seat that came in that configuration), Thanks for looking for me....
Peter Stransky
Wilmington, Delaware
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Hope this helps. Seat from the Cortland Thompson Fisherman model - circa 1962:
thegammas

Post by thegammas »

thanks Andreas!
Peter Stransky
Wilmington, Delaware