Filler Stain

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Bill Dunn

Filler Stain

Post by Bill Dunn »

I am looking for Pettit Z-Spar filler stain #1095 Standard Mahogany. It is a perfect match for my Sea Lancer and I am coming up empty on finding it. It also matches the brightwork on my brother-in-law's older Boston Whaler. I can find descriptions, use instructions, ect. on line but no one has it listed for sale. One Marina in town contacted the company and they said it would be a special order and they would have to order at least a case. They declined, saying that would be a 10 year supply. Another Marina said they were told it was discontinued. So I guess what I am hoping to find is a Marina that still has some old stock. If any one has any possibilities, please let me know.
Thanks,
Bill
All Dunn ll
'59 Sea Lancer
LancerBoy

Re: Filler Stain

Post by LancerBoy »

It's been a few years since I have purchased any. Try Jamestown Distributors and West Marine. Maybe Classic Boat Connection at Mankato, MN

Andreas
Bill Dunn

Post by Bill Dunn »

Thanks Andreas. I will give them a try and let you know the results.
Bill
All Dunn ll
'59 Sea Lancer
Bill Dunn

Post by Bill Dunn »

It looks like Interlux is the only brand still being made. I guess I will have to buy that and see how close it is. I am sure I could get it tinted if I need to. Thanks again for the help.
Bill
All Dunn ll
'59 Sea Lancer
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

Hey Bill, let us know how it works out. Ill need a solution soon as well.ive not been able to get a close match on the mahogany i have
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware