what projects being worked upon

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

a j r

what projects being worked upon

Post by a j r »

What boat projects will ya'll have for working on over the winter?

I am nearly completed with the 1959 Thompson Bros. 17 ft. Sea Lancer restoration (it will be for sale). Not sure if I will tackel working on the recently acquired 1965 fiberglass Thompson G1500 (doesn't need much) OR the 14 ft. Thompson TVT rowboat OR return to working on the 1962 T & T 19 ft. Surf.

Andreas
JRPfeff

Post by JRPfeff »

I am going to strip and repaint the hull on the '62 Sea Mate I purchased in September. I will probably remove and recaulk the outer keel while she is off the trailer. I think the boat takes on too much water as it is. Everything topside is close to pristine, I won't have to do much there. Will it be problematic to do the keel removal & painting with the boat on her side? I do not want to flip the hull for fear of disturbing the finish of the decks, etc.

I also put Chuck Nagy to work on the 1960 Sea Coaster I purchased from Tom Jacomet earlier this year. I had not done a thing with her and did not have indoor space for storage. I hauled the boat to Kalamazoo and sold it to Chuck last week. He has begun to solve the hogging at the front trailer bunk area. This is his solution.

a j r

Post by a j r »

I suppose tipping the boat on her side os OK for painting and repairing the outer keel. Just make sure everything is braced very well so the hull shape does not change.

Andreas