Sea Lancer dimensions

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

a j r

Sea Lancer dimensions

Post by a j r »

Hi all. To anyone with a 1959 Thompson Bros. SEA LANCER built at Peshtigo, I need your help.

I need to get the dimension/measurement of the distance between the dashboard and the backrest of the front seat. In otherwords, how far is the vertical backrest of the front seat from the dashboard?

Why you ask??? I am going to start work on such an animal, and the previous owner had taken everything apart and put it back in different locations. Looks like he moved the front seat backwards from the original factory position. He also modified the rear splash well - motor well and he put hardboard underneath all the regular original factory flooring. The most goofy thing is that he attempted to turn the boat into a bow rider with a walk-thru windshield. He removed (and apparently destroyed) the wooden framed windshield and cut off the deck. All the framing under the plywood deck was modified. He must have had second thoughs so he sorta kinda put stuff back! Oh, the dashboard was changed to a piece of 2" x 8" CCA treated Southern Pine! That, of course, will get torn out!

Any help will be appreciated.

Andreas
phone: 612-823-3990

Andreas
ecottrell

Post by ecottrell »

Andreas, I have a 1958 Sea Lancer made in Peshtigo in my garage. If the dimensions are the same I would be happy to take measurements and pictures. Let me know. I can email the info to you. Ernie :D
a j r

Post by a j r »

Hi Ernie, Yes, please take a measurment for me. I don't know of they were the same in 1958 as in 1959, but that information can't hurt. I don't need pictures.

I had at one time a few years ago one each of the Peshtigo Sea Lancer's from 1957, 1958, and 1959! I gave the '58 one away and cut up the '59 boat. I still have the '57 Sea Lancer which is my user boat!

Thanks for your assistance! :wink:

Andreas
ecottrell

Post by ecottrell »

Andreas, Along the starboard gunwale, the distance from the dashboard to the seat backrest is 31 5/8 " ( this is from the aft side of the dashboard to the forward side of the seat backrest) Make sense? Ernie
a j r

THANKS

Post by a j r »

thanks very much!
a j r

Post by a j r »

I am making great progress on this boat rebuild project.

I still wonder if the 1959 Sea Lancer (Peshtigo) had metal braces from the transom down to the stringers? Anyone have one of these boats that can check for me?? The '57 and '58 Lancers did have them but did the '59 boats?

Also, were there floor boards all the way to the transom or was the bilge area open under the splash well?

Andreas
email: thompsonboat@msn.com
a j r

Post by a j r »

Anyone out there have a 1959 Peshtigo built Sea Lancer?

Andreas