seeking seats for '65 Thompson

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

a j r

seeking seats for '65 Thompson

Post by a j r »

Here's a link to a posting regarding me seeking seats and it has some pictires: http://www.fiberglassics.com/forms/foru ... geID=46960

I am looking for a matching seat for a 1965 Thompson Bros. Boat Mfg. Co. model G1500 fiberglass outboard boat, 15 ft. long. The above link shows pictures of what I am seeking.

Your help will be appreciated.

Andreas
a j r

Post by a j r »

anyone look at this? any suggestions?
Darrell Van Eck

Post by Darrell Van Eck »

Andreas:

Are these pictures of what you have now? If so why not re-build them?
Darrell Van Eck
a j r

Post by a j r »

Yup, that's what is in the boat and what was original to it. I can build wood stuff, but when it comes to the metal (aluminum) framing on this I would be at a complete loss.

I truly would like to get an exact match for the existing. So I am first going to try to find someone that has this type of seat.

Plan B is to find two old style seats that are age and stylisticly appropriate for the boat.

Andreas
Darrell Van Eck

Post by Darrell Van Eck »

Andreas:

Is the metal for the seats bad? What I see in the pictures just looks aged! Can it not be cleaned up & re-used?
Darrell Van Eck
a j r

Post by a j r »

The seat I have is fine, all it needs is to be reuphostered. The problem is - I only have ONE and I need TWO. The boat looks very odd with only one seat on the drivers side and an empty space on the port side!

Andreas