Ya'll see this

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

hoytheld

Ya'll see this

Post by hoytheld »

a j r

Post by a j r »

I have seen the boat in person. It has MAJOR problems. The bottom and outside of the transom had been fiberglassed. The transom had some pieces routed out and new wood slopped in. The interior has been greatly altered from the original. The lights in the bow are not original. I could not see under the floor boards but it looked as if lots of "new" wood was thrown down there. The outside of the hull was stripped of her paint and it was varnished.

A professional boat restorer also had this boat in his shop for a short period. He was frightended by what he saw! He said he could restore it but the cost was astronomical and way more than what she would ever be worth.

Not to discourage someone wanting a major restoration project, but I highly recommend that if you are interested in this boat you go and see it for yourself in person. Looks like a nice trailer under her!

Andreas in Minnepaolis
hoytheld

Post by hoytheld »

I figured since it was up that way...one of you may know something about it!!

Jason
a j r

Post by a j r »

Early this summer the owner (probably the one who donated it to the charity that's selling it on ebay) asked me to come and take a look to ID it and get my opinion.

It's certainly restorable but it will be a long process to get her back to proper condition.

Andreas
a j r

Post by a j r »

I warned the high bidder on ebay about this boat. He won and now has retracted his bid.