"67"SEALANCER

Have a question or comment about the origin of your boat or about the company? Disscuss it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

zeetom

"67"SEALANCER

Post by zeetom »

My first restoration.Purchased in Aug of 06 and am nearing pulling all components off.In good shape other than finishes which I will redo.Many questions.I do have photos and serial number.How do I get help regarding original purchase features,colors,etc.
Purchased a 67 Thompson Sealancer in 8/06, am removing hardware etc.,to start restoration. No structural work required,just refinishing,rebuilding transom area.(Seats etc)
Look forward to exchanging views. My first attempt.
a j r

Post by a j r »

Welcome aboard,

Thompson Boat brochures are available for purchase on a CD-ROM from Dan Miller at www.dragonflycanoe.com and www.wcha.org. This is your best bet for finding photos and specs for the boats during various years.

First you should verify the make, model and year of the boat via the hull ID, serial number, measurments, and details.

Make sure you check very closely all the structural componetns of the boat before doing any refinishing. Check for rot and splits etc... in keelson, keel, stem, stringers, ribs, planking transom, etc...

Andreas
email: thompsonboat@msn.com