windshield vinyl

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Rrietman

windshield vinyl

Post by Rrietman »

Hello; new to this forum. I'm working on a 65 cruisers commander. Is there currently a source for the windshield glass retaining vinyl? I would think it is the same or very similar to a Thomson of similar vintage.
Thanks
Randy
currently rebuilding a 65 cruisers inc 302 commander
Bill Dunn

Post by Bill Dunn »

Check out one of the last entries on " The Boathouse " page on this site. There are 2 different types of gasket - the one between the deck and the windshield frame, and the one that presses into the dado around the frame to hold the glass in place. I hope that helps.

Bill
All Dunn ll
'59 Sea Lancer
Rrietman

Re: windshield vinyl

Post by Rrietman »

F.Y.I., if anyone is interested, I did find the gasket material. Koroknays Marine in Lexington Oh. has the exact stuff. Lymanboat.com . 419 884 0222. the material being advertised on the boathouse site might work on a cruisers but is not correct. not sure about Thompson applications for that product. Koroknays is a reproduction of the quarter round rubber retainer and is very original looking.
Randy
currently rebuilding a 65 cruisers inc 302 commander
LancerBoy

Re: windshield vinyl

Post by LancerBoy »

Rich Gausselin's product works just fine on Thompson etc...boats. It should work on a Cruisers, Inc. boat. He purposely made it different than Dr. Lyman's stuff. He felt his product was better. Dr. Lyman's material is an exact match to what was used in the 1960s and it too works fine.

Andreas