Muscatine Iowa boat (and more) show

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

61Chetek

Muscatine Iowa boat (and more) show

Post by 61Chetek »

http://www.muscatineboatshow.com

I'm going and taking my Chetek. Anyone been to it before? I know due to high water it was cancelled last time, then put on hiatus for a year.

Neil
Sheil Kottkamp

Re: Muscatine Iowa boat (and more) show

Post by Sheil Kottkamp »

I've gone a couple of times with a boat. In the past if you pre-registered w/them and brought a boat they thanked you in a couple of ways, complimentary breakfast, paddleboat ride on the river,etc. There was a Friday night pig roast, with side dishes for a very reasonable price, the town really opens their arms to welcome you. Also it was a non judged event. Very casual, you see all types of watercraft from hydros to woodies to fiberglassics, all are welcome. The park the show is held in is right on the Mississippi River, a few of us camp there, evenings after dark included cold beers and good conversation with new found boating friends. There is a boat launch just north of the park, you can tool your boat around on the big river, its usually very smooth water so you can open her up. They finally decided to move the date out of the flood season, May, into June, my guess is this will work out better for all. Hoping to bring a Thompson 1954 12 foot cedar-strip powered by a 18 hp Johnson electric start.
Rookie
johnthompson

Re: Muscatine Iowa boat (and more) show

Post by johnthompson »

Great Looking rig.
John Thompson