Nameplate location?

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Horace G. Benbow

Nameplate location?

Post by Horace G. Benbow »

I have a restored 1940 Thompson Bros. 15' Resort Model rowboat that the restorer did not install the small rectangular nameplate when he did the restoration. I have secured a nameplate and would like to install it, where did Thompson Bros. install them originally?

Does anyone else own a 15' Resort Model Thompson? I have done Google and Bing searches and cannot come up with another. I was able to identify the model I have through a 1940 Thompson Bros. sales brochure.
LancerBoy

Re: Nameplate location?

Post by LancerBoy »

In the middle of the cockpit combing at the front of the boat, if it has combing. In the middle of the breasthook, if it has a breasthook. In the middle of the dashboard, if it has a dashboard.

Below picture is of a serial number tag from a 1950s Thompson of Peshtigo lapstrake speed boat. The nails are not factory original.

Andreas
Horace G. Benbow

Re: Nameplate location?

Post by Horace G. Benbow »

Thank you for the info LancerBoy. From your info it appears that Thompson Bros. would have installed the nametag in the middle of the breasthook on my boat.

I couldn't find an original nametag, so I had one made up. My 1940 Resort Model is pre-serial numbers: