Is this the Offshore model?

You inherited your uncle's Thompson and now you want to know more about it.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

LancerBoy

Re: Is this the Offshore model?

Post by LancerBoy »

EXCELLENT !!!!!

Did you get the steering issue resolved?

Andreas
Offshore 57

Post by Offshore 57 »

Andy, She looks amazing. I have a 57 Offshore and hope to start her refinish soon. Please share more pictures, I really like how you had the interior walls planked, 1st class work. I compare our boats to hot rods, no one is afraid to make them their own. I have a non color correct low rise red canvas top that give it a chopped look and matches the seat cushions. The boys over at Sunrise River Boatworks do a great job. I have stopped in there many times in my travels to see what they are up to and have seen many Thompsons go through the shop, I am certain I saw yours there at one time. Again she looks amazing, Beautiful Job!!
Brett Peterson
Offshore 57
Sauk Rapids, MN
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

I had a tough time hooking up the motors because nobody had remembered how they were on there but I figured it out.
These are the original 45hp motors that were purchased with it. They were rebuilt an this winter I will go through and repaint them.

Had it on the water most of the summer and had a lot of fun.

I decided to put the boards on the sides since the interior was so weathered it would end up in several colors when stained and varnished.

There was a lot of work done to make it look good.

Some of these were when it had a lot of dust on everything.

Offshore 57

Post by Offshore 57 »

Looks amazing! Really gives me some great ideas. I do not have a rear seat in my Offshore but plan to build one and I may just plank the inner walls as well, gives it a very clean finished look. Thanks for sharing all the great pictures!!
Brett Peterson
Offshore 57
Sauk Rapids, MN
JALL

Post by JALL »

Great job! Thanks for the pictures.
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

I was thinking about letting go of the Thompson (Current name "Fiddlestix") - but after these shots perhaps I'll soldier on. A beautiful boat! I love to see things come back to new like this,,,,,,
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

By the way - for those Mercs - a fantastic resource is fiberglassics.com - in the forums - anything and everything you will need help with
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware