decks

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

andre lafrance

decks

Post by andre lafrance »

beginning to think about deck ideas for my '57 15' seacoaster deluxe model 477. when I picked up the boat back in 2011, it didn't have any decking and only fragments of king planks - for example, the forward deck's king plank was tongue and groove while the rear deck's king plank was a solid piece of mahogany. what thickness were the decks on these boats? I have pieces of 3/8" mahagony that I'd like to use for the coverboards. as always, any help is MUCH appreciated...
LancerBoy

Re: decks

Post by LancerBoy »

3/8 inch Philippine mahogany marine plywood was original.

Andreas
andre lafrance

Post by andre lafrance »

perfect! thanks as always...
steve in texas

Post by steve in texas »

It seems that my deck is 1/4 in and the top strip(whatever its called, where center cleat, horn, and bow light weremounted) is 3/8 in. I think it is sea coaster, but i measured 15'8". Hull no. 0 07.
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

"Kingplank" is the name of the piece that is on top of the deck plywood at the center of the bow.

What is the complete HULL ID that is stamped into the wood of the transom, inside the boat?

Also, is there a SERAIL NO. on the metal manufacturer's tag?

If this is a Peshtigo built Thompson Boat and it has a Serial No., it will be different form the Hull ID.

Andreas
steve in texas

Post by steve in texas »

Andreas, peshtigo, serial no 16212, hull 0 07. Miles said it was the 7th hull in 1960. If i knew how to upload pics on this site, i would send them. Steve
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Too few characters in the HULL ID. It's usually a minimum of five characters, often times with letters at the start and end.

Serial No. 16212 is either 1959 or 1960 model year. We just do not know the exact cut off between the two. Your boat is right in there at the cusp.

email: thompsonboat@msn.com or post them to the facebook page of Thompson Antique & Classic Boat Rally

Andreas