63 Sea Lancer Dash Help

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

ewrice

63 Sea Lancer Dash Help

Post by ewrice »

Hello fellow Thompson collectors, restorers and dreamers,
I have a project I have been working on for a few years now that is finally reaching the point of reassembly. It is a boat that has been in the family for years and I hope to keep it that way for years to come. I will give out more info on this unique project later on, and if all works out, I will bring her over on the Badger to the 2017 rally.

My question today is about the original dash on the '63 Peshtigo built Sea Lancers. I need to know the height and thickness (aprox) of the vinyl covered dash board used. I also need to know the dimensions to where the steering column was mounted. Last, I need to know how wide the white vinyl stripe was down the center, and if any piping was used between the white and blue.

Thanks
Eric
Muskegon Lake
'63 Thompson Super Sea Lancer
Graymarine 327
LancerBoy

Re: 63 Sea Lancer Dash Help

Post by LancerBoy »

Well let's hope that someone who has one of these pipes up and answers your questions.

Andreas
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Anyone out there with a 1963 Sea Lancer (or other '63 model?) that can provide some dimensions???

Andreas
ewrice

Post by ewrice »

I have all the dimensions on this now. Was able to measure a boat locally, and do some creative measuring and calculating on old family photos.
Muskegon Lake
'63 Thompson Super Sea Lancer
Graymarine 327