Just wanted to say hello

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Shaun E.

Just wanted to say hello

Post by Shaun E. »

Being the newest member I wanted to say hello to everyone. I have a 1957 sea lancer (i belive) that my great grandfather bought brand new in peshtigo in 1957. I did a partial restoration in the mid 90s and it is due for a full one now. I am hoping to have it ready for the rally in 2008. I also wanted to let everbody know that I used to be a certified OMC technician, mostly specializing in motors from 1950 to the late 80s, but I mostly worked on the old stuff. If anybody has any questions about the older motors, I would love to help, I am sure that I will have lots of questions about my pending restoation project/family heirloom. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.
mengelmar

Post by mengelmar »

Shaun-

Welcome to the forum! I know I'll have lot's of questions for you about my 1962 40hp Johnson Electramatic.

Matt
a j r

Post by a j r »

Hi Shaun and WELCOME. I can help verify the year, make and model of your boat if desired. Get in touch with me directly: thompsonboat@msn.com

I have a 1957 Thompson Bros. (Peshtigo) Sea Lancer that is my user boat. She is powered by twin 1957 Johnson 35 HP outboards. Pictures can be seen at www.freewebs.com/thompsonboat/index.html

I just completed restoration of a 1959 Sea Lancer as well. Next one to restore is a 1961 Sea Lancer. This next boat does have a 1961 Johnson 75 HP outboard on her transom.

Andreas