window frame and glass

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

climn2

window frame and glass

Post by climn2 »

I'm new to the forum here. I have the project. I was given a 1961 sea lancer made in Peshitgo. Looking for the weather strip under the window frame and the rubber that held in the side glass. I do not know what it would have looked like due to the boat being in boxes when I brought it home.
Bret Beauchamp
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Look at the advertising section on this website. A guy in the Chicago area sells both vinyl items.

You can also get the window stop from Tom Koraknay in Ohio aka Dr. Lyman.

Wefco Rubber in California sells the under windshield stuff too.

I keep a database of these boats. What's the serial number on the metal builder's plate and what's the hull ID stamped into the wood of the transom, inside the boat (they will be different)?

Andreas
email: thompsonboat@msn.com
climn2

Post by climn2 »

the hull id is 10602 and the serial number is 19783.
Bret Beauchamp
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

I restored a 1961 Peshtigo Sea Lancer a couple of years ago. I also had one that was beyond restoration that was returned to dust.

I'll be happy to share with you. I have also restored 1957, 1959, and 1965 Peshtigo built Sea Lancers.

Andreas
thompsonboat@msn.com
climn2

Post by climn2 »

Thanks I could use some pics of the seating. they had some newer seats in front and no seats in back by the engine. I had to rebuild the transom, garboards the last two ribs inner and outer keel (Found your article on leaking and repair of the keel and it helped alot) replaced some planks up the sides. going to use some cpes next month to finish the wood restoration. This is my first boat restoration, Nothing looks better than a nice shinny wood boat on the water. Have done a few cars and custom Jeeps
Bret Beauchamp
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

I'll be happy to email pics to you. Please get me your email address.

Andreas
thompsonboat@msn.com
climn2

Post by climn2 »

That would be climn2@yahoo.com Thanks for the info.
Bret Beauchamp