Wanted - Hinges

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

John Hart

Wanted - Hinges

Post by John Hart »

Does anyone have original type hinges for a fold down rear seat?.

I will be making a slat back fold down seat for my 1960 Seacoaster, and would like to get some hinges as close to original as possible. The ones I see now in catelogs, and even the 'cuddy' hinges that you can buy, just don't look the same shape...

I suspect that the ones for a Seacoaster are similar to the ones used in a fold down Sea Lancer rear seat..

Any advice would be appreciated.

John Hart.
W Guy

Post by W Guy »

John,
I also have a '60 Sea Coaster (Special) with back to back seats. Mine doesn't have a rear seat, but the hinges on mine look like these, if that's any help. I'd think the same hinges would be used for either back to back or a rear seat(?).

Verne :D
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

The hinges in Verne's photo are the same as I have seen on many Thompson Boats built at Peshtigo. Over many year time period too.

Finding a source is the tricky part! Find someone that is parting out a boat.

Andreas
Phill Blank

Post by Phill Blank »

John,

Try giving KENDOR Marine in Franklin Wisconsin a call or send them an email with the photo of the hindges on WGUY's boat and see if they have any thing like it in stock. Their phone number is 414-421-4370, website: www.kendormarine.com. They are located at 5713 W Ryan Road Franklin, Wisconsin.

They have a lot of NOS hardware and they just mighthave something close to what you want.

Good Luck,

Phill
John Hart

Post by John Hart »

Great... thanks Fellas... I will try Kendor... the ones in Verne's boat are just the ones I am thinking of... The closest I have seen so far are shorter and wider, with three screws per side.

It wouldn't be a catastrophe, but I would like to try to get as close as possible...

Thanks again.

John.