floor boards

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

climn2

floor boards

Post by climn2 »

I'm restoring a 1961 sealancer. when I got the boat it was all apart. What supports the floor boards when they go over the the side of the boat(out side of the sister keelsons). There is about a 1.5x1.5 board that goes from the transom to about under the dash area and is attached to the ribs. The floor boards are about 1inch higher than that board when laid across the keels. Did the foor boards just float above them? I wouldn't thinks so. Thanks for the info.
Bret Beauchamp
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Is this a Peshtigo made Sea Lancer? If yes, those 1.5 x 1.5 oak boards along the sides are called "floor risers." And yes, they are lower than the level of the stringers (sister keelsons).

The floor boards are attached to the floor risers and it creates a curved floor. The outside edges are lower than the middle. On top of the floor along those edges should be a small stained and varnished mahogany trim piece - maybe 1/2 inch tall and 1 inch wide.

I have just posted a bunch of restoration pics of '57 and '59 Sea Lancers (Peshtigo) on my "Face Book" page. Feel free to take a look. Just search under "Andreas Rhude". I will be posting photos of the restoration of a 61 Lancer sometime soon as well.

Andreas
climn2

Post by climn2 »

it is a peshitgo sea lancer. that also explains the thin trim pieces that I have. I know that was part of the floor due to carpet stuck to them. Thanks for the info. I will post up some pics soon.
Bret Beauchamp