bow rail and wood filler

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Rick

bow rail and wood filler

Post by Rick »

Hello again. Boy, this is a great web site. I always get the answers im looking for. First of all, my 19 ft thompson super lancer numbers are - serial # 25525 and the transom # is D40844. Did this boat originally come with a bow rail? Also, what kind of wood filler is recommended and will it take the stain color? Plenty more questions to come. Thanks again for the help. RICK
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

A bow pulpit rail was not standard on the 1964 Super Lancer. It could be ordered from the factory as an accessory. Or it could have been installed by a dealership or early owner.

Hull ID D40844 indicates this was the 844th boat of ALL models made in the model year 1964. The letetr D is a code for the guy in the factory that was responsible for getting this boat out the door in a completed fashion.

Famowood is a good marine wood putty.

Andreas
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

Smiths makes an outstanding filler as well for though applications that are below the water line or in any place that will mbe painted or hidden. I used it on the bottom with excellent results (three seasons in). Planning to use it when I correct the hook I suffer from)
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware
Charles Drumm

Post by Charles Drumm »

I restored a 63 Sea Lancer the last few years and I did not re-install the accessory bow pulpit rail. If you have any interest, email me.
Chuck cdrumm@ameritech.net