Rally

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Darrell Van Eck

Rally

Post by Darrell Van Eck »

Thanks Andreas for all the hard work you put into getting the rally together, it was a lot of fun.

It was great seeing and talking to everyone, and seeing all the great boats! Hope to do it again.
Darrell Van Eck
a j r

Post by a j r »

Thanks Darrell for the comments.

It was a GREAT event. There were 41 boats total (4 did not register and I have no clue who the owner's were!). Weather was perfect. Commaraderie was high!

Shall we do it again in two years?

Andreas
a j r

I need pictures

Post by a j r »

By the way, I NEED photos of the Rally. Classic Boating magazine wants to do a spread about the event and I need lots of photos to submit. I really never got around to taking any this year.

Please share with me!

Boats in the water underway are especially desired.

Actual print copies or pics on a CD are great. Send to me at:

Andreas Jordahl Rhude
4054 Wentworth Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55409-1522
Rodney Syverson

Post by Rodney Syverson »

Yes!!! Without a doubt the best way to learn the most about your Thompson Boat. If you are contemplating restoring your Thompson, Cruiser or any lapstrake runabout you will not find a better resource than the information available at the Rally. Photo's I took at the 2002 Rally were invaluable when it came time to put my 62 Sea Lancer together.
Thanks for all the Hard Work Andreas
Rod Syverson :)
a j r

Post by a j r »

I went thru the registration stuff again and found one more boat. So there were 42 boats total on display during the Rally.

Andreas
Ron P

Rally!

Post by Ron P »

Andreas
Are you going to hold the rally again next year or are you going with every other year? Cheers Ron P
Ron Pistohl
64 Cruisers Inc. 17 ft,W/64Johnson 90hp

65 Thompson 15 ft.W/65 Evinrude 40hp
Appleton,Wisconsin
Photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/waddlep/show/
TreelineIII

Post by TreelineIII »

I too had a great time. I was able to meet many of you who I but only have seen your messages on this site. You guys do walk the walk. The boats I saw truely reflected the knowledge you share on this site. I only hope my boat turns out as nice. I appreciate all of your willingness to share info, and in many cases getting me in contact with what I needed.
Next rally I will have my boat with....floating or not. And if the answer is not, then it will have a for sale sign on it. This will not be the case.
Andreas, I know you attempted to put together a build contest. I have seen this done at other rallys, and it can be a great deal of fun. Andreas, don't give up on this, next rally it will be.
Great job.
Eric
a j r

Post by a j r »

The Rally will be every two years from here on. So the next one will be in August 2008.

Andreas
JRPfeff

Post by JRPfeff »

Great job Andreas.

Bobbi & I had a great time. Seeing all the awesome boats at the rally gave me the urge to get to work on my second boat. Hopefully I can get this one done the right way for 2008.

Jim
a j r

Post by a j r »

Here is a link to five photos I posted from the Rally. Thanks to Joe Wagner for sharing several of his pics: http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/classi ... rowse/eee7
HGF

Post by HGF »

Andreas,

Great fun and great motivation to get cracking on my 14' Sea Skiff! Thanks to you and the folks at Nest Egg Marine for hosting us. Thanks to Chuck for the splashing entertainment in the harbor, and for the ride back to the airport.
I'll send you a few photos, as well as audio files of your presentations. Look for them on CD by next week.
H. G. Frautschy
Hank Schloemer

Re: Rally

Post by Hank Schloemer »

Andreas

This was my first visit to the rally, and I enjoyed it completely. Also my first visit to Nest Egg, and was impressed at their gracious and helpful manner. Thank you for your hard work in organizing the event.

Hank Schloemer
64 Cruisers Barnegat
H.C. Schloemer
a j r

Post by a j r »

I never did get a look at your boat Hank. I did get one picture taken from the pedestrain bridge. She looks like a beauty. I bet she can fly with the twin engines!

I wish I had time to take a good look at ALL the boats.

Andreas