Sea Lancer floor molding?

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

JoeCB

Sea Lancer floor molding?

Post by JoeCB »

for all you Sea Lancer guys, A question on the moldings that go around the edge of the floor decking. My 1957 has the molding ( 1 in. X 1/2 in.) along both port and stb'd edges but not athwart ships at the aft edge that butts up to the rear seat riser. Should there also be a molding there?

Now I went ahead and made up a nice new mahogany molding... when I went to install it I had second thoughts for a couple of reasons. First the screw holes in the floor decking across the rear edge are counter sunk for flat head screws. This would not be necessary if the original set -up was to screw thru the molding into the stringers below. ALSO , seems to me that a molding across the back edge of the floor would impede water drainage creating a pond on the floor.

What are your thoughts ?

Joe B
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

My '57 Peshtigo built Sea Lancer has the mahogany stained and varnished floor trim molding at the rear seat. I am sure it is original. Same dimensions as the stuff around the edges of the floor

I just reinstalled mine, since I did a major refinish of this boat.

Andreas
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

mine only go along the sides from bulk head back to under the rear seat, but there is not piece across the back/stern. Mine's a Cortalnd boat so very likely a different set up anyway. I'd not want a peice along the back if there were no way for water to flow around it and down into the bilge.
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware