BOAT PARTS

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

HalcyonDays

BOAT PARTS

Post by HalcyonDays »

Just a thought. As I am getting into this hobby I am discovering the difficulty in finding and selling boat parts. Often they are not worth a lot of money, nothing unless you are looking for them. Thought it might be nice to have a section to sell or trade or give away parts. An example might be a boat that is being parted out or an engine. Even old school life jackets or oil cans. Maybe there is just not aware of it.
Last edited by HalcyonDays on Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

There's always ebay.

Andreas
Michael J. Seiber

Post by Michael J. Seiber »

I just bought a set off side emblems for my Cruisers INC on ebay. Super nice and of coarse I paid quite a bit for them but where else could I have gotten them? Mike
HalcyonDays

Post by HalcyonDays »

I know about ebay and of course that is where this will end up. I just thought that a group of Thompson guys may have more in common. Catalog items that they collect and offer to fellow members. Most of this stuff is worth very little to the average guy and we all know that after all the work and investment we put into these boat they really are not money makers. J
Last edited by HalcyonDays on Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
calvin

Post by calvin »

Good idea...we have been bitten by the old boat bug and nothing short of rehab will deter us...we do need all the help we can get because our hobby or sickness is not as popular as the car and motorcycle guys1
Michael J. Seiber

Post by Michael J. Seiber »

It is a great idea. I deal in boat and motor parts and run across old boats all the time. I just came from the finger lakes area and they have a few of these old boats sitting around. I would just love an excuse to "have" to go and pick one up. Maybe get some fishing in while I'm there. It's a dirty job but someone needs to do it LOL! I see them for sale on ebay that aren't that far from me. If someone needed one for parts why couldn't something be worked out? Mike
Paul Fisher

Post by Paul Fisher »

I am in agreement with this swap meet place. I bought a 17 ft Thompson 63 that was a total basket case just for some parts. The chrome stuff I have left over will not get me the ebay listing price, so they sit in the basement, just little this and that stuff.
Paul