Newbie with a project!!

You inherited your uncle's Thompson and now you want to know more about it.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

rwebber77

Newbie with a project!!

Post by rwebber77 »

Hey follow boaters! So last summer I did a small landscaping project and received a Thomboy in return, I believe it's either a '68 or '69 with a 90HP Evinrude that runs strong. It's in fairly good shape, but in a couple of months I plan on a complete restoration.

My question is this. I have done many searches and can't seem to find many of these around for ideas and such. Is there any way of knowing what this boat looked like in it's original state? Also, how much is something like this worth after my restoration?

Thanks!!
Phill Blank

Post by Phill Blank »

rwebber77,

Welcome Aboard!

I would suggest you go to the 'Main Page" on this site and click on "What Do I Have" get all the info asked for there and submite it. With all the info asked for we can most likely tell you the model and possibly the year of the boat.

Also there are CD's out there that have the old Thompson, Cruisers and other make wood boat scans of original liturature from the manufacturers for all, or most all of the years these boats where manufactured. Withthese CD's you can get a better idea of what the original layout of the interior was as well as the exterior. If you go to "www.dragonflycanoe.com" you can order the CD's.

Also once you know the model of boat you have there are others that have that same series and you can often get photos of their boat for a better idea of what the original looked like.

Knowing the actual year and model are very imprtant to get the right info in the future.

Good Luck and again Welcome Aboard.

Phill
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Welcome aboard!

Ditto to what Phill said.

Brochures on CD-ROM can be obtained from two sources: www.dragonflycanoe.com and www.wcha.org

Andreas