Need resources!

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

rwebber77

Need resources!

Post by rwebber77 »

Yesterday I began restoring my '65 Thomboy and will be needed quite a few things. Today I purchased CPES and some various fillers for the structural integrity of this boat. To start, I will need deck vinyl, new carpet and rubrail replacement as they are extremely beat up. Also, anyone know where to find "steppad" replacements?

I appreciate any resources you can direct me to!
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Welcome aboard!

Vinyl for rub rail and the stuff under the windshield frame can be found at Wefco Rubber in California. Someone advertises on this site with their version of the under windshield vinyl.

Wefco might have step pads. Attwood M-6217 step pads were used originally on the 1965 Thomboy.

CPES and filler will do little for structural integrity. If you have rotten wood, you need to replace the wood, not pour googh on it.

There would not have been any carpet in a 1965 boat. Nautolex type vinyl would be used for flooring at that time. Nautolex was probably the deck vinyl material too. Just google Nautolex and you will find sources all over the place. You may not be able to find the exact same colour and patterns as had been used in 1965. Gray and white were the standard colours on the '65 Thomboy.

Andreas