Back seat design for 61 Sea Coaster

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Dan Wolf

Back seat design for 61 Sea Coaster

Post by Dan Wolf »

I'm kicking around the idea of adding seats or a bench seat to the back of my boat. I'm looking for ideas or pictures so I can get an idea of what I might be looking at. Thanks...Dan
John Hart

Post by John Hart »

Dan.. you mean at the very back...? in addition to the back to back seats?...

I have a bench seat as a second seat, since I have the Runabout w/o the back to back seats.

I believe that my Seacoaster ('60) is pretty heavy the rear anyway... I would hate to increase it... With the battery, two six gal tanks, and the 75 Hp motor, it sits low enough...

Just one perspective.

John.
Dan Wolf

Post by Dan Wolf »

Well when I go out there is usually 3 adult and 3 kids. I was thinking just a bench maybe for them to sit on. But then I thought it would be kinda neat to build something to sit on and slid gas underneath. The wood isn't that heavy an neither are the kids. I only have a 40hp Johnson and I mostly cruise with it. If its just me and maybe a friend then I'll open her up a little. And yes, this would be with the back to back seats. Thanks for your thoughts though...Dan
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

My boat has a factory folding rear bench. Love it. I have my tanks and battery under it. The back folds down to access the spash well. The seat folds up to access the tanks, battery, bilge hatch, etc.

Let me know if you would like more details

Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware